Tuesday, May 16, 2006

QUIRKS:)

I have really been thinking about quirks this week and how easy it is to dwell on the quirks that someone has. I am also finding that I have sooooo many. LOL... Even when I was driving for two hours last night I was thinking about them and how I could change my quirks.

For example, I worry and stress alot, which can become very annoying to many of my friends I am sure. So I've been trying to change how I stress and worry but find that it's really hard to fix these areas in my life. I started to ask myself, how does one change their quirks??????

So tonight I was having a conversation with my Dad and all of a sudden he started talking about quirks (out of the blue). I thought it was so funny because I had been thinking about this all week but hadn't mentioned it to him at all. He started to tell me that everyone has quirks and instead of dwelling on someone's quirks in a negative way you need to learn from them and love that person for who they are. It hit me at that moment that yes I have quirks and I am so far from being perfect, but a true friend is going to love me for those quirks. My Dad ended the conversation by saying "quirks are what make us". Then I thought about it a little more and realized that it's true, quirks make us unique and who we are. waaahoooo!!!

So I ask you, what are some of your quirks??????

5 Comments:

Blogger J@KE said...

One of my many is correcting others when they mis-pronounce some word.... I just do it out of habit and I think I'd like to know how to really pronounce that if I were them. I know this annoys some (if not all) of my friends. Another quirk of mine is when telling a story or recounting an event I always give too much detail to the point that the listener looses intrest in the story. This has got to be annoying to my friends because it annoys me when I do it..... Oh well I guess it's not soooo bad that I pay attention to the details... right? Whatever.

J@KE

4:26 AM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

I am a crazy worrier as well Aimes...

I second guess EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY!

I miss you

Maybe I will see you in GA!

amber

12:51 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

Amber, you will definitely see me in Georgia. Maybe I'll come even earlier and stay with you for a coupe of days. That would be soooo much fun!!!!!!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

that would rock... lets definately make that happen!
amber

7:02 AM  
Blogger Daniel J. Watkins said...

I never used to be much of a worrier...then I became a father (three times) and now I'm the sole (er, well, 96% anyway) wage-earner in a household of 5. And I worry about (stuff) all the time. Almost every night I pop up out of bed, look out of the window, and realize that it's just the newspaper delivery van that I hear turning around in the cul-de-sac.

Here's another one probably related to parenthood. When out to eat, I tend to over-do it on the napkins. Like I could be just eating at Taco Bell with co-workers and I'll get this freakin' HUGE stack of napkins...as if I was planning on a major oil spill cleanup or something. Sometimes it's embarassing when I look around and everybody else has 1 napkin and I have like 346. And it's not like I'm a neat freak...I probably just spilled my green Kool-Aid one too many times as a tot and got the snot beat out of me.

I also type too much... ;)

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home