Thursday, July 05, 2007


So, I'm totally hitting myself for not taking ANY pictures on 4th of July:( Well, it was an amazing 4th and I seriously didn't even think to take out the camera:) LOL ....

The morning started out when my friend Paige picked me up to run a 15K race. While running there were groups of people along the way just cheering us on and waving their American flags. I started thinking, wow I am so fortunate to be living in this country, and yes I started to get teary eyed:) Anyways, I finshed in 81 minutes, which I was pretty excited about because I thought it was going to take me a lot longer. I was done by 9:30 and then right after that I headed to the beach with my roommate summer. Her boss invited us all out to this private beach right outside of Santa Barbara. It was beautiful. I went boogy boarding, swimming, layed out and just relaxed. We also watched the fireworks with every body and their mother in Santa Barbara. It was packed that's forsure.

Well, I'm going to be gone for the next six days so I'll try to keep up with my e-mail and voicemails, but no promises:)

8 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Joy said...

Sounds like so much fun!
Have an awesome time!
loves

12:41 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

aww, ams...you left out the part about getting teary-eyed in your re-cap for me this morning! it's okay, i'm sure you were just trying to spare my fragile emotions about missing the race...so thoughtful. ;)

i hope you brought snacks with you on your long drive today...i think i've had 4 meals already today--3.5 hour workout=hungry hungry girls

i will miss you this week!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

Oh!!! I wish I had run on the 4th...but forgot my shoes:(

I really miss you! Have fun this week!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Mike Larson said...

i am bummed i didnt shoot anything more myself, but i was away from the crowds so there wasnt as much festivities. have a great week!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Daniel J. Watkins said...

No worries...I made up for ya! I shot over 700 pictures on the 4th...gonna take me a while to post them on my family blog...but I will. You can experience life with the Watkins family on the 4th. Since my daughter's b-day is on the 3rd, she still thinks all the fuss if for her birthday. :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Deyl said...

i'm impressed with you gals! 15k is nothing to scoff at :)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

Amy -- we can be blog losers when it comes to proof of us doing this stuff. I had to take a picture once I got home. I have no fear that the SB long coarse will be well documented. I want to memorialize the fact that I will still be alive (and hopefully happy) at the finish line. Goo Tri Girls! (Remember when you were thinking of just doing the Olymic distance? Ha, ha, ha!)

12:17 AM  
Blogger Natalie Joy said...

I think I'm going to hack your blog and post, although I dont know whats going on in your life since you havent blogged, so I guess i cant! :( so you just neeed to post!:)
miss you!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home