Wednesday, August 08, 2007

WOW - I'm scared!!!


Most of you know that one of my biggest fears is seeing a shark when I'm swimming or possibly being eaten by a shark. So today I was doing some research on how to avoid sharks and what to do if you see one. Don't swim in the morning or evening, avoid murkey water, and don't let off stress signals were several of the things that were mentioned. I have done all of those but now I swim in the afternoon and I would have to say that the last couple of times I've been pretty calm. Now, if you see one you're supposed to stay calm and look the shark in the eyes. YA RIGHT!!!!!! Oh man I would be a gonner that's forsure. I also came across this picture..... AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ok off I go to swim in the ocean:(

Janey says I have nothing to worry about and that I have a greater chance dying while bowling...... That makes me feel alot better!!!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Brett Bollman said...

Yeah Amy... I remember when that photo was taken. The shark bit that guy in half... right off the ladder!! :o)

4:00 PM  
Blogger J@KE said...

Janey is right. 100x more deaths happen each year by bee stings than by shark attack. that should encourage you....... may-bee???? hahaha!

Thanks for the comments on my blog :-)

Have a good swim.....

J@KE

4:28 PM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

Amy- It's not cool to post pictures like that. You take non-scared people and make them scared.
If you swim naked you won't be thinking about sharks. Just an idea to get your mind off things.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Deyl said...

well, we made it tonight... one more safe swim for the humans :)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

I'll never forget our little kayak trip in the ocean... Ive never seen someone dart OUT of the water that fast ;)

9:56 PM  
Blogger mary jane said...

Um, Amy. That's JAWS.

Silly girl.

8:14 AM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

Just be careful non of your nostril hairs fall out while swimming b/c then you might bleed to death and get eaten by a shark!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Mary Marantz said...

whoa! that is one scary pic!! wow, stay calm and look it in the eye, huh?... I can't ever imagine having it that together if I saw a shark! be careful out there! :)

xoxo
M

10:56 AM  
Blogger Holritz Photography said...

So excited for you guys doing this triathlon! That picture is awesome! Hahaha!

- N

10:57 AM  
Blogger Sofia Negron Photography said...

try to give him the meanest look you can muster!!

So excited for you and this triathalon...happy training!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Ginger Murray said...

meh, just punch him in the face.

That photo is real??
I remember seeing it for the first time and thought it was photoshopped.

Really???? It's REAL???
K, I'm not every going into the ocean again.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Ginger Murray said...

OH WHEW!

It's not real:
http://www.sfbayadventures.com/helicopter_sharks.html

So no worries.

Great Whites don't jump at helicopters....
They just jump out of the water.
That's all.
!!!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Daniel J. Watkins said...

Yeah, Paige, but if Amy swims nekkid she'll attract a WHOLE DIFFERENT type of predator!!!

I think it would be safer for her to swim with a paper cut than to swim nekkid.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home