Sunday, May 11, 2008

Yep, I'm Crazy


So my Half Iron Man is a week from today. This half Triathlon is considered "The Worlds Toughest Half ". It's a 1.3 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride and a 13.1 mile TRAIL run. YIKES:) I've come to the conclusion that I'm completely crazy:) I'm extremely excited and I've been training really hard for this but I'm also extremely nervous about the whole thing. Tonight I was looking at the website and reading about the courses and all the details and I became a little overwhelmed with all the details and rules. As soon as I finished reading almost the whole website I started making my check list as well. I'm sure I've missed a few things but I have a week to get everything in order. Man I hope I remember everything, especially my bike:P I'm stressed. LOL....... Wish me luck:)

Click here to see the Aubern Half Triathlon website:O

HALF IRON MAN CHECK LIST:

SWIM:

wetsuit
goggles
Body glide
swim suit
Water bottle
Small towel
Medium towel
1 hammer gel

BIKE:

Bike
Bike shoes
socks
gloves
bike shorts
helmet
tank top
Racing belt
2 water bottles
4 hammer gels in water
6 gels
inner tube
1 co2 cartridge
Floor pump
Jacket - thermal

RUN:
running shoes
Hat?
4 hammer gels
Extra water bottle

8 Comments:

Blogger mary jane said...

Hey - do you know how to change your tire - I just realized I don't know how to do that. You're the meaning in my life - you're the inspiration... LA lalalallalal LA

9:49 AM  
Blogger amynave said...

UMMMMMM, no I don't and it's another fear that I have:) LOL....... If by chance that happens I'm hoping the man of my dreams will see me and stop. lol

Lalalalalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

YOU'RE CRAZY!!!

But Good Luck and you know I'll be praying for you! :)

7:32 PM  
Blogger mary jane said...

YEAH! Man of your dreams - he will probably be on a white horse though and know nothing about bikes! LOL. Just kidding.

Love you.

10:55 AM  
Blogger c r y s t a l said...

You are so in my prayers this weekend! I don't know how you do it, girl! But I am super proud of ya!!

Best of luck!!!!

And we will be seeing you soon!!! :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

You're only doing a half?

2:06 AM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

So proud of you Amy! I can't wait to hear the war stories and moments of glory. I can't wait to see the pictures. Hip, hip horray!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Deyl said...

congraaaaaaats!!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home