Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Surf City USA 1/2 Marathon:) YA BABY:)



This last weekend my good friends Deyl and Paige invited me, Crystal, Brian, Anna, Kate, Kevin and Heather to run the Surf City half marathon, watch the Superbowl and eat ALL day. It was the perfect weekend. We arrived Saturday afternoon so we didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn the morning of the race. When we went to bed the sky was clear and the stars were shining bright. When we woke up the next morning it was poring and extremely cold. I was very thankful to have so many friends running the race, otherwise I would have crawled back in bed for at least 5 more hours:) The rain was a little crazy but I had the time of my life. I looked like a drown rat so hopefully the photographer missed me as I ran by:) I truly LOVE running and working out and sometimes I just can't get enough of it. Having my friends by my side and racing with me made the experience even more enjoyable. I'm so thankful to have friends like them and I know that I am truly lucky to have every single one of them in my life:)

On a side note: My goal was 8.5 minute miles so I was excited to read my results and find that I did 8 minute miles:) YAY... Here's my race results:)

8 Comments:

Blogger || davidjay || said...

Wish I could've been there to run with you guys!

6:06 AM  
Blogger amynave said...

DJ, we missed you too:) What would've been your goal?????? 20 minute miles:P

10:07 AM  
Blogger mary jane said...

You would have had to carry DJ across the finish line... LOL :)

1:21 PM  
Blogger Albumesque said...

Seriously:)

I would love to see DJ race:P

10:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Amy,

That's great! Job well done!!You've got your dad's speed. When we ran more in the day, he would always outkick me at the end (but then you wouldn't know because you were still in diapers!).

Hey, a friend of mine and I are interested in getting more info on the mother's day run in Santa Ynez. I think he's run it before, but if you're still running it, I'd like to know and any info. that you might have. Uncle Ralph

5:52 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

Hey Uncle Ralph,

So great to hear from you. I remember my Dad telling me about how fast you two could run and I was definitely impressed.

The San Yanez run is on Mothers day and the link is below.

http://www.runsantaynez.com/

Let me know when you sign up:)

2:04 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

You are a freakin rockstar! I wish I could have been there Ams...too bad I haven't run in 3 weeks...ah!

I thought about you at midnight last sunday when someone asked if I wanted to go to a discotecca to watch the superbowl while dancing to techno...I was sick so I didn't go, but that would have been a doozy! ;)

Miss you like the dickens, Ams. Besos!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Deyl said...

great job! so glad you came!!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home