Saturday, August 25, 2007

We did it!!!



So today was the day that we all had been training for. The day started at 4:30 am. I received the cutest text from Janey saying good luck and I know you're going to do great. Right away I jumped out of bed and started gathering all my gear and headed down to East Beach grill, which is where the Santa Barbara Long course took place. It was a 1 mile swim, 36 mile bike ride, and a 10 mile run. I loved every minute of it except for the last two miles. Everyone kept saying "you're almost there". I gave them the side ways glance like YOU BETTER NOT BE LYING. LOL.. The whole day was amazing, and to top it off, so many friends came to watch and cheer us on. For everone that came, Luna, Lisa, Summer, DJ, Anna, Shaun, Meg and Mark, I thank you sooo much for being so supportive and without you guys it wouldn't have been the same. Oh, and it was so funny because right when I saw Mark he was on the phone with Janey. So as I was running I chatted with her for about 30 seconds. It was hilarous. One person yelled "that's the way to do it". LOL So I finished in 4 hours and 10 minutes. My goal was 4 hours and 45 minutes so I was beyond stoked:)

Vanessa, Paige, Deyl ad Brian. I can't even begin to tell you just how much fun I had training with you all. I can't wait for the many more adventures that we do together. I love you all!

Here are a few pics that DJ took today. Thanks DJ for being our photographer for the whole day, we totally owe you:)

15 Comments:

Blogger Chris Humphreys said...

Yay Amy! :)

Congrats! I'm so proud of you! You inspire me to keep up my running!

WAY TO GO!!!! WAHOO!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Congrats Amy!! You kicked some major butt, and I'm so glad I got to see it all happen!

Let's all hang out soon:)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Regis said...

Very impressive Amy! Great job.

Now I feel guilty spending so much time at Starbucks... I need to be out running/swimming/biking :)

2:36 AM  
Blogger Natalie Joy said...

thats soooo awesome!
Congratulations~ oh btw. i was thinking yesterday morning that i was forgetting to do something and now i realized what it was!.....I was totally planning on texting you to say good luck and totally forgot! ugh. haha
your amazing!:)

5:39 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!! Gaining your friendship was one of the BEST things about training the last few months! You are absolutely amazing and I am inspired to work my butt off to finish with you....Half-Ironman '08!! :)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Deyl said...

CONGRATS! i'm so proud of you Amy and i can't beleive how well you did

5:00 PM  
Blogger Sofia Negron Photography said...

Congrats!!! I am so proud of you...you totally rock!

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was right there with you in spirit~! I'll do it next year! :)

I love you more than words can say and I am SOOO proud of you!

LOVE,
ME

9:03 PM  
Blogger Mike Larson said...

congrats!!! we are trying to do the long course later in sept!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amy, this is amazing!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

I LOOOOOVE YOU!! Big Congrats...have fun in Canada!!

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats awesome, way to finish with a smile. Aloha, Kincaid

2:46 AM  
Blogger c r y s t a l said...

That's incredible!! Way to go!!! I am uber impressed and inspired! Congrats!!!

1:05 PM  
Blogger J@KE said...

I wish I could've been there to see you finish. I'm sure it'll be a moment you'll never forget; congratulations!

J@KE

4:48 AM  
Blogger J@KE said...

I know it's you even if you post from Albumesque so thanks for both posts and details may or may not follow but if we were to do lunch I probably could be persuaded to fess-up (If you even wanna call it fessing-up).

Now that you are totally sucked into my little post...... We should do lunch sometime. ;-P

J@KE

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home