Sunday, June 15, 2008

My hero!


Today should be called MY HERO day because that's what my Dad is to me. I've been blessed with the most amazing father I could ever have asked for. He's the one who stayed home with me the first nine months of my life, the one who would dance with me almost every night when he would get home from work (even after being so exhausted), the one who I can have a conversation with hours upon hours, and the one who knows when something is wrong even when I say I'm fine:) Truthful, loyal, and faithful are just several characteristics that describe this amazing man that I look up to every single day.

I was very fortunate to be able to spend fathers day with my dad and family. I flew up to Idaho on Saturday and will be here for a week. My dad is having a hip replacement on his right hip tomorrow and reconstructive surgery on his left. His bull riding days finally caught up to him. I know everyone in my family is worried and have been praying for him non stop so if you could keep my dad in your prayers as he goes in tomorrow at 7am I would really appreciate it.


I'll be trying to keep up with my e-mails and calls as best as possible but it may take me a little longer to get back to you. My sister and I will be taking turns spending the night in the hospital. It's been proven that when your love ones spend the night in the hospital with you, your recovery is quicker. The doctors think he'll be in there for five days so I will keep everyone posted.

Happy fathers day to all you wonderful fathers! Oh and Dad, I love you with all my heart:)

7 Comments:

Blogger Gary Fong, Author said...

awww! I can't believe I've never met him.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Bruce - he is one quality guy! Your family is in my prayers. xoxo

1:17 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Hey Aims..

Praying for your dad's quick recovery!

miss you,

KK

11:40 AM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

When I saw the title I thought for sure it was a post about me but I don't feel so bad b/c your dad is a stud...too.

:)

6:02 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

Gary, fly out to Idaho and come meet him:P

Hey Janey, your Idaho dad is doing great:) Thanks for being the first one to call and check in. I love you BEBE!

KK.... Girl I miss you. When you coming to visit?

DJ..... Oh brother I don't know what to say to you:P You're such a dork!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, praying that everything went well with your Dad's hip surgery! I'm so he was so glad that you could be there with him during this week! Sounds like a great Daddy/Daughter relationship! (although I though my girls had the best Dad!!)

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, praying that everything went well with your Dad's hip surgery! I'm sure he was so glad that you could be there with him during this week! Sounds like a great Daddy/Daughter relationship! (although I thought my girls had the best Dad!!)

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home