Friday, July 11, 2008

Competitive! Me, NEVER:P



Ok I need to confess that I'm getting extremely competitive in my triathlon training. I use to race and workout with not really caring what my time was. People would pass me and I was completely ok with it. Well now I care:) LOL.... Last night the whistle blew, the race began, and I told myself I HAD to keep up with Deyl and Mark. Lets just say I kept up with them until the end when they sprinted. I seriously thought I was going to puke. Oh the joy, and of course I would do it again in a heart beat. Well tonight I checked my race results and I was pretty shocked when I saw that I came in 28th place out of 243 runners. I placed 4th in the women's category. Last year I think I came in like 80th place. Oh great, I have a feeling next week I'm going to be extremely competitive:) LOL

I never thought I would enjoy training and racing as much as I have. If you've never tired it, you're missing out. There's nothing like crossing the finish line after so much hard work and effort. It's a feeling and rush that can't be explained:)

7 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Oh yeah, Ams...you're a rockstar! :)

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

You make me want to go run...either that or drown in ice cream! :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Sofia Negron Photography said...

You totally rock! It makes me regret that I missed the gym today. Where do you find the time.

6:52 PM  
Blogger mary jane said...

You're my hero! xoxo

6:42 AM  
Blogger Emily S Crawford said...

I'm glad all of my training paid off...it's been wonderful coaching you!

1:18 PM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

You're just lucky I wasn't there.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

You still inspire me! One day Aims...one day I'll be able to keep up with you and I'll be the one ready to puke! ;)

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home