Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Blessing in my life






SMILE WE'RE BACK:) I'll post about our trip soon but this post deserves a much higher priority:)

As I was headed home from one of the most relaxing/amazing vacations that I've had in a while, I had some time to reflect and think about just how beautiful life truly is. I've been truly blessed in so many ways, and one of the ways that I've been blessed is with an amazing father who I adore. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! From the very beginning my dad has set amazing examples of how to be a father, husband, godly man, business man, and how to love your neighbor as yourself. He's set an example of how one should set their priorities; God, Family, and then himself.

One of the first examples of just how amazing he is, is told through the encounter of how my mom and dad first met. It's one of the most amazing love stories, and to this day I still love hearing about it (the whole story deserves it own post so stay tuned). Life was extremely busy for him at that time, he was going through finals and finishing up chiropractic school, so finding the love of his life wasn't high priority on his list, or so he thought. When he first met my mom he told her that he wouldn't be able to call her for a couple of weeks due to finals. Being the amazing lady that my mom is, she totally understood. But it was love, and two days later he called, despite his hectic final schedule. And she's been the love of his life ever since:) To this day you can still see the love that they have for each other. I can even picture them down the road at the ripe old age of 80, holding hands and saying I love you:)

Then there was the time, when I was a little girl, I remember my dad working some crazy hours trying to build his Chiropractic business so he could support the family. He would work from 9 to 9 sometimes and even though he was so extremely tired when he walked through the door, he still mustered up the energy to swing me around the room and dance with me to one of my favorite movies, Alice and Wonderland (the non-cartoon version:). I still remember the exact words of how the song began and what my dad would say to me, "I take your hand and now we're dancing". To this day, dancing is one of my favorite things to do and I give the credit to my dad as being the one who introduced the love of dancing to me.

It's the memories of my dad spending every free moment he had with his family, pitching a tent in the front yard, sleeping on the tranpolene with us girls during the summer, playing softball, dancing, horse back riding, wrestling with us, working hard so that my mom could be a stay at home mom, reading the bible with us as a family, and the list goes on.

Dad I love you more then you will ever know. You have been my hero for 25 years and I thank God for you everyday. You are a gift from God, a blessing to the whole family, and my cup runneth over.

Love your baby girl:)

2 Comments:

Blogger mary jane said...

Just teared up. So cute. : )

12:00 PM  
Blogger Emily S Crawford said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Bruce!! Amy couldn't have done a better job in describing your character. You have indeed raised a beautiful family, and you are all such a dear gift to my life. Thank you. :)

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home