Friday, February 16, 2007

Flying = not my favorite thing to do:) LOL


"Heads down, heads down, heads down, heads down, "get ready for several impacts", "this landing is going to be faster then normal", "tuck your head and place your arms on the seat in front of you", "leave all your carryions", were the many horrifying things that came through the intercom on flight 2477, destination Seattle. I have always loved flying and for once in my life I was scared to death of it.

Once the pilot in his calm voice said "one of the hydrolics on the plane stopped working", right away I looked at Janey and asked, "ummm, how many hydrolics do we have"??? We had no idea and no time to ask because the flight attendant started preparing and instructing us for an emergancy landing. Janey and I broke out in a uncontrollable laughter. Nothing about the flight was funny except we didn't know what else to do:) Crazy things always happen to us when we're together and we just had to laugh about it:) lol... The laughter soon stopped when we heard "get ready for several impacts". I then started to get teary eyed but Janey was brave and to hear her say we're gonna be fine, made everything so much better:) Even though I knew she was scared, she just hides it really well:) We put our heads down and prepared for who knows what.

The good news was the rescue/emergency team was waiting for us at the bottom (or was that good news???), and the Seattle Airport opened up their 11,000 foot runway for our tiny plane:) YAY!!!! We landed safe and sound and applouded our brave pilot:) the first words that came out of Janey's mouth was "I love you Amy". We started laughing again. It was good to be alive:) We grabbed or carryions and headed for the door. I've never gotten off a plane that fast in my life. It was a crazy terrifying experience that I'm so thankful is over:) The bad news was we had two more planes to catch. I remember thinking, I wonder how long it would take if we drove from Seattle to Santa Barbara:) LOL....

As Gary says, these are definitely bonus days for us:)

I'm home safe and sound in Santa Barbara and I'm so thankful that I don't have to fly until next month:)

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Chris Humphreys said...

It takes 20+ hours to drive from Seattle to SB. I've done it. Twice. You don't want to do it. :) Unless you REALLY like your traveling partner. :)

Glad you're safe Amy!!

Let's do lunch soon! It's been way too long!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Brett Austin said...

Wow! What a crazy experience! That's great though that you had a best friend right by your side. Things are always easier to take when you've got someone by your side.

Good to know that you're home safe!

6:04 PM  
Blogger || davidjay || said...

You big wimps....I mean come on...flying is so safe I can't believe anybody would be afraid when flying. Seriously.

6:18 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

Hey Chris, ya lets definitely do lunch sometime:) Bogarts??? LOL...


Thanks Brett!!! It's good to be home:) And yes it was so nice to have janey by myside. I think I would have lost it otherwise:) LOL..

DJ - Shutup... You're the biggest wimp of us all. You would have been on the floor flopping and crying:P

6:39 PM  
Blogger -Matt said...

How many times do I have to tell you - STAY ALIVE!! lol

Glad you're safe - now stop with that! LOL

I'm like "I know how this story ends - or she wouldn't be writing it!' but still!

~M

6:39 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

Matt, I should have been like,"i'm on flight 2477 writing from my verizon card" LOL

6:41 PM  
Blogger -Matt said...

yeah NEXT time you scare us all to death you can. lol

cant wait til vegas. i think you HAVE to fly into vegas. lol It's pretty much desert if you don't!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Tim Co. said...

omg....that must have been intensely scary!! i'm so glad to know your both ok - I dont know what the world would be like w/out amy/janey!

ugh..and i've been having weird thoughts about flying lately and I do it 2 - 4 times/week AAHH!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Liana said...

Phewww... glad ya all are okay!! I HATE planes too...can't imagine that!!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Sofia Negron Photography said...

I am so glad you girls are ok...I hate flying and that would have just scared me to death....at least you had each other...can't wait to see you girls...I am so sad I missed you last week.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Shyla said...

whoa! we are all flying flight #2477 back from Canada.... lets hope the bugs are fixed by then!!!


xoxo

5:42 PM  
Blogger Kara Leigh said...

glad you ladies made is back a ok.... that last flight i was on from SB to LA was so bumpy the lady across from me was waving her arms and saying "I cant handle this" I just smiled I didn't know what else to do.... see you soon

8:12 PM  
Blogger Cheryl May said...

Wow! what an incredible story and experience! Glad you guys made it safely :).

It's crazy how just a few minutes in a day can tranform your life forever huh?

10:59 AM  
Blogger Tim Halberg said...

dude... that's INSANE!!!!

did you get any free flights cause of the scare?? ;-)

Glad to hear you made it safe!!

oh... and Amy... Bogarts is now closed... :-(

11:01 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

I totally know this story wasn't supposed to be funny, but I was laughing the whole time while reading it! :D I can just picture you and Janey laughing after you landed...so funny!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Jess Strickland :) said...

Oh my gosh....that story is NUTS!!! I can't believe that happened to you! I would have been crying like a baby! I'm SOO glad you are both safe and sound!! Cannot wait to see you!!! Lots of love! j;)

9:41 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

Shyla .... Just make sure they double check the hydrolics and you should be fine:)

Kara, your story is so funny:) Janeu actually yelled on on flight from LA to SB:) It was hilarious:) P.S. I can't wait for you to start your internship:) we are going to have a blast.

Tim.... Bogarts is closed:( I'm beyond sad right now:(

Jasmine.......... We were actually laughing before we landed. You would have been laughing to:)

jess... Can't wait to see you:)

12:30 AM  
Blogger Paige Kearin said...

That is crazy. Fears are so unrational though. We are far more likely to die in a car, by our own heart or falling down the stairs than we are flying and yet...something about being that high just gets us freaked.
Glad your safe.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I totally love flying, but if that happened to me I don't know how I would feel anymore! :) hahahaha! Glad you guys are safe!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home