Thursday, March 01, 2007

Challenged


So recently I've fallen in love with hip hop. I've always loved dancing, especially swing dancing, so it's exciting when I find another type of dance that strikes my interest. I definitely feel challenged and I'm gonna have to work very hard to be good at it but that's what I find so intriguing about it. I love a good challenge. I can swing dance, salsa, waltz, two step, fox trout, and lindy, but ask me to hip hop and I have to work 100 times harder. So here I go. I'm taking lessons twice a week and during the summer I found a dance boot camp in LA that sounds amazing. I have to decide on the boot camp in the next week or so but I'm almost 100 percent positive that I'm going to do it:) The cool thing is you can sign up for a 1, 2 , 3, or 4 week boot camp. I'd probably go for a week:)

I remember when I use to take ballet. I would dance in the kithen, on my way to my room, in the living room, you name it. Well, It's happening again. This time it's to Justin Timberlake and Beyonce instead of Mozartl:)

So, if anyone's interested in dancing let me know:)

11 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Barlow said...

OH!! I'm interested!!!! ;) hehe!
That sounds like such a blast Amy!! Have fun!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Lauren Hillary~Photographic Artist said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Lauren Hillary~Photographic Artist said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Lauren Hillary~Photographic Artist said...

We can practice in vegas!

9:00 AM  
Blogger swan said...

My wife and I just started taking salsa lessons... it's so fun! I'm envious of your obvious ability and experience. I can't wait to see you rock the floor at WPPI!

K

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweeeeeeeeet! I am always up for dancing! i might check that out too! see you on the dance floor tomorrow :)

9:57 PM  
Blogger amynave said...

Kevin, that's awesome. I totally have respect for guys who try to dance:) Way to go!!!

12:46 AM  
Blogger amynave said...

Oh yes, and Kristin, I can't wait for tomorrow:)

12:47 AM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

OMG...what a small world! My friends from college and I took hip hop classes at Millenium! Girl, you're gonna have a blast...but look out for the dance snobs with attitudes...you'll just hafta work those pretty lil hips a bit harder! :)

2:58 PM  
Blogger c r y s t a l said...

Wow! So cool! I wish I could join up in a hip-hop class around here (or ANY dance class) and not be the oldest participant by about 10 years! haha! I miss the dancing days.....

You'll have a blast!!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Shyla said...

Ooooh, I think sarah should come out for a week and we should all take it together!!!
Only... I cant dance if my life depended on it... Ballet through the house is about it! :)

Amy's bringing Sexy Back!

;)

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home